So what happens when it's raining or it's just too darn hot to venture outside? You need an easy way to make a craft without having to run to the store for supplies. Have a small plastic container with the basics on hand.
glue (we recommend
foam shapes and sheets
googily eyes (try a pack with assorted sizes)
Need more craft ideas? You can always check out our Crafty Archive, where all of our weekly craft ideas go to retire. Whether it's a rainy day or you're bored of the same old crafts, we can help inspire you.
small paper plate
brown construction paper
1 large pom-pom
2 small googily eyes
yellow piece of felt
scissors and glue
1. Cut super thin strips of brown paper and lightly crinkle them.
2. Glue the brown paper onto the paper plate to create your nest.
3. Place your large pom-pom in the center of your nest to serve as your bird. Use any color you want.
4. After gluing your pom-pom down, glue the two googily eyes on.
5. Cut a small triangle out of your yellow felt for the beak and glue it on.
blue and green paint
1 or 2 sponges (depends if you want to wash them between colors)
1. Cut a large circle out of newspaper.
2. Let your child sponge on blue and green paint, but encourage them not to mix them too much so you can explain about the land and the water.
3. Using a Sharpe write it is important to recycle and explain what that means.
Don’t forget Earth Day on April 20th